10 Quick & Easy Beauty Fixes at Home
Who says you have to spend a fortune to maintain your beauty? In fact, you may not even have to leave your house! Here are 10 beauty products you probably already have in your home that with a little creativity could be your next favorite beauty products~! Let's investigate:
1. Eggs/Albumin - Egg whites for the skin (albumen) tightens & tones pores; egg yolks for the hair in a final rinse will give you beyond body for your hair. You can do amazing punk rock or new waved inspired molding with your hair using egg yokes!~
2. Yogurt, plain or powdered - Lactic Acid is one of the Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) and is great as an exfoliating mask that will leave your skin glowing and minus the top layer of dead skin cells.
3. Potatoes - Cut fresh slices and lay them on your eyes while you relax to reduce under eye circles and puffiness. The starch in the potatoes makes them especially effective at drawing out the saline solution that tends to accumulate around the eye area.
4. Tea Bags - Were you crying last night? Modelfy yourself with a pair of wet, cool to cold tea bags~! Like the potatoes, lay them on your closed eyes while you relax, for just 5 minutes with the tea bags because they contain tannic acid, it should be used with rare care. If things were particularly bad last night, you may want to alternate between potato slices and tea bags.
5. Corn starch - Use as a wonderful powder in your shoes, under your arms and on your baby's bottom~! It is SO MUCH better than talc for the skin and absorbs like crazy~! It is also a fantastic dry shampoo - simply add some cornstarch to your hair where it tends to get greasy and shake it out, then brush it. It will take the oil right with it~!
6. Baking Soda - You probably know baking soda will keep the smells quiet in your fridge and litter box, but did you also know it is one of the leading ways to whiten your teeth, freshen your breath, smooth your skin in a bath and even calmss heartburn? Yes, stir a tsp or less baking soda into about a half cup of water and drink it down. It will immediately put out the fire in your gut. It should not be used for extended periods of time and of course, talk to your doctor, but in a pinch, you really can't beat it.
7. Oatmeal - Grinding up real, steel cut oatmeal and adding it to your bath is great for irritated skin, chicken pox, and will even soften your hair if you have very coarse hair. While the seasons change, and perhaps a tot or two may come home with the Chicken Pox, this should be right next to the Calamine Lotion in your arsenal.
8. Vinegar - Apple Cider or White, vinegar is one of the easiest ways to acheive a model shine in your hair. Mix 1 part vinegar (apple cider preferred) to 8 parts water in a giant cup and bring it into the shower with you. When you are all finished and just before stepping out, pour the cool mixture over your hair~! The cool temperature of the water will help to close the hair shafts and the vinegar imparts a dazzling shine~! Your hair may smell a bit like salad while it's wet, but I guarantee your hair will shine~!
9. Sugar - Yes, even white sugar~! Since you have been cutting it out of your diet, it is likely sitting on the shelf turning to a hard rock, right? So now take it down, chip some off and break all the lumps so it is smooth granular powder. Add the powder to some oil - olive oil will do the trick~! It will not dissolve in the oil and instead serves as a fantastic scrub in the shower or on your face and lips. By very gently removing dead skin cells, you reveal a brand new healthy layer of skin.
10. Coffee Grounds - We know caffeine has turned out to be a very helpful ingredient in skin care to reduce puffiness and draw excess moisture out. Coffee grinds are also a great scrub to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Just put some in a bowl and add enough water to keep it moist then use it as a scrub in the shower on the back of your thighs or wherever the lumps and bumps plague you!~ Coffee itself is said to be a great rinse for brunette hair as henna is for red and chamomile tea for blonde or gray, though I find the coffee rinse very drying, so would follow with conditioner.
Now go! Pillage your pantry! Have fun~!
By Anita Nelson | Model.Supplies